Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wine Tasting: Finca del Castillo Tempranillo

Name:  Finca del Castillo Tempranillo
Variety:  Tempranillo
Region:
La Mancha
Country:
Spain
Year:
2011
Price:
$4.95


Shop Review: Rooty, spicy and baked on the nose, with aromas that lean towards raisin.  The palate is more gritty and acidic, with raisin, cola, and spic flavors.  Darkens up on the finish, which is long and peppery, with adequate juiciness and a final note of tomato.   - The Vintage Cellar, 01/31/2013

My Review: Though I wasn't particularly fond of this wine's taste, its smell was quite interesting.  The aroma was extremely fruity, which reminded me of juices I drank as a child.  I also detected a spicy hint of something I wasn't able to put my finger on.  Though  I was not accustomed to its bitter taste, I would like to try it again in order to figure out why its smell is so familiar.


Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment