Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wine Tasting: Black Opal Shiraz

Name: Black Opal Shiraz
Variety:  Shiraz
Region:
South Eastern
Country:
Australia
Year:
2011
Price:
$5.95


Winery Review:  The Black Opal wines are sourced from vineyards found in South Australia along the Limestone Coast, at Langhorne Creek and in the infamous Barossa Valley.  Black Opal Shiraz is rich red in the glass.  Aromas of blackberry, pepper and spice followed with rich plum flavors round out the palate.  Soft tannins give structure to the fruit-driven palate. - Vintage Wine Cellar 02/07/2013

My Review: My favorite wine this week; I even purchased a bottle.  Black Opal Shiraz reminded me of the holidays with its fruity, yet spicy aromas and tastes.  It had an extremely fruity, appealing scent  that was nice enough to be made into an air freshener.  The wine itself was mildly sweet, with a soft tannic edge.  I really enjoyed this wine and highly recommend it!

Food: I did not try this wine with food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment