Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wine Tasting: Joseph Carr

Name: Joseph Carr Pinot Grigio
Variety:  Pinot Grigio
Region:
Sonoma Coast, California
 Country: Unites States
Year: 
2007
Price:
 $9.95


Winery Review:  Ever-elusive, our Central Coast Pinot Noir offers cherry, and dark wild raspberry in both the bouquet and taste,  I also find aromatic violets, tea, strawberry seed, and hints of mushroom,  The wine shows good structure with balances, yet approachable tannin.  Vintage Wine Cellar 02/23/2013

My Review:  I consider this wine very strange; it smelled like vegetable baby food.  It had an odd, earthy aspect to it in combination with a slightly floral berry aspect.  I was not a fan of this wine at all, it was disgusting to me to the point I didn't spend time analyzing it.  Yuck!
 
Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment