Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wine Tasting: Cascina Gilli

Name: Cascina Gilli Bonarda
Variety:  Bonardo
Region:
Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: 
2009
Price:
 $11.95


Winery Review:  Nose of red berry fruit enriched by nuances of spice, subtle but recognizable.  The slight effervescence of Moye increases the appeal of its palate, bringing out its freshness without comprising its complexity.  Served chilled, it is wonderful with marinates and stews, or with Piedmont's traditional fritto misto..Vintage Wine Cellar 02/23/2013

My Review:  One the nose I was able to detect a spring acidic, grapefruit edge to it in contrast to it red berry description.  There was also an aspect of spiciness to the wine as well.   Unfortunately I was not a fan of this wine; I didn't get too much out of it in
 
Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment