Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wine Tasting: Red Guitar

Name: Red Guitar
Variety:  Tempranillo/Granacha
Region:
Navarra
Country: Spain
Year: 
2009
Price:
 $11


Winery Review: 
Wine from Spain is my newest value red wine – Olé (Spanish for “there you have it” – loosely translated). It is a classic Spanish Rhone style wine –  Tempranillo and Garnacha – and is very tasty – Olé. Normally I like Spanish Rioja wines that remind me of a dry, hot summer.  However, this one from Navarra is refreshing and interesting -Olé.  Rich and smooth but not too easy or sweet with medium tannis and a slight funky odour that isn’t unpleasant.  Besides, I like the funk – Olé. - Travis Oke, pullthecork.wordpress.com 2/1/2011

My Review:  This Spanish wine is very bold on the nose with a strong acidic bite.  Upon further inspection aromas of sweet berries, cranberries, and apples can be detected.  Dark purple in color, this is a bold wine that is surprisingly smooth on the tongue.   This wine grew on me; it was bold to start off, but lightened and sweetened as I continued to drink it.   Once I got used to Red Guitar it was enjoyable, but it isn't one to take lightly.  
 
Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment