Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wine Tasting: Lobetia Chardonnay

Name: Lobetia
Variety:  Chardonnay
Region:
La Mancha

Country: Spain
Year:
2011
Price:
 $9.95


Winery Review:
Organially and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple.  Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits.  - Vintage Cellar 4/25/2013
 
My Review: Interesting Chardonnay, it was more refreshing than I originally expected it to me.  It has a strangely fruity nose of warm pineapples, apples, and citrus; hard to put my thumb on the other aromas.  The tastes was mildly sweet with an acidic edge.  I actually enjoyed drinking this Chardonnay, its tartness was appealing.

 
Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment