Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wine Tasting: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone

Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone
Variety:
70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault
Region:
Rhone Valley

Country: France
Year:
2010
Price:
 $14.95


Winery Review:
 
As for their other values, the 2010 Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve (70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault) displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone, and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice and spice box are all present in this full-bodied, intense, and rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer - Vintage Cellar 4/25/2013
 
My Review:  What an interesting wine on the nose; spicy and full of warm, dark fruits.  This bold, red wine contains a slightly floral taste for the tongue.  To me it tasted a little too bitter and spicy; I got the feeling it needed more time to mature.  Though it was not my cup of tea, I can envision enjoying it more later down the road. 

Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment