Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wine Tasting: Lobetia Tempranillo

Name: Lobetia
Variety:  Tempranillo
Region:
La Mancha

Country: Spain
Year:
NV
Price:
 $9.95


Winery Review:
Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish - Vintage Cellar 4/25/2013
 
My Review: On the nose this Tempranillo smelled of cherry cough syrup and red berries.  Though I had a hard time looking past its medicinal aromas, it was able to appreciate it's fresh taste on the tongue.  To me the finish was a bit gross; it was too harsh and bitter for my liking.  Not one of my favorite wines.


Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment