Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wine Tasting: Wilson Daniels

Name: Wilson Daniels
Variety:  Merlot
Region:
Central Coast, California

Country: United States
Year:
2010
Price:
 $7.95


Winery Review: Made predominately from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is full-bodied and silky yet robust with aromas of black cherry and plum and a palate of blackberry, raspberry and blueberry jam laced with vanilla and toast.
  - Vintage Cellar 4/11/2013

My Review: Dark ruby in color, this wine has an interesting warm aroma.  For me it was hard to detect the level of fruitiness expressed in the tasting notes, but I noticed aromas of blackcherry and plum.  I also enjoyed the sensation it created on my tongue; it was hot with nice tannins.  Not my favorite wine, but not too bad.

 
Food: I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment